Reliable Solutions to Pest Problems
Flies can be a persistent and unpleasant nuisance in homes and businesses. They can also pose a significant health risk by spreading germs and bacteria. If you're struggling with a fly infestation, you need an effective and efficient solution.
Our team at Pest and Termite Consultants offers fly control services in Raleigh designed to help you eliminate these pests from your property and maintain a healthy and hygienic environment. Our experienced technicians use proven methods and state-of-the-art equipment to eliminate flies and keep them from returning. Whether you have a minor infestation or a significant problem, we can help.
We are here to help. Call us at (919) 246-8831 today if you need us to rid your home of a fly infestation.
Identifying a Fly Infestation
Unlike those of other pests, fly infestations are visible. You can often see, hear, or even smell fly activity without too much digging around.
Some signs of a fly infestation include:
- Sightings: Seeing many flies in your home or business can indicate an infestation.
- Buzzing Noise: The sound of flies buzzing in a room is a tell-tale sign of an infestation nearby.
- Fecal Spots: Flies can leave tiny, dark spots on surfaces, indicating an infestation.
- Maggots: If you see small, worm-like creatures, they may be fly larvae or maggots. This is a sign that flies are breeding on your property.
- Decay Odor: Flies are often attracted to decaying organic matter, so a strong, unpleasant odor in a specific area could indicate a fly infestation.
If you notice any of the signs mentioned above, call us as soon as possible. Fly infestations can quickly grow out of control. Let us help you take your property back.
Our Fly Control Process
When you call us to report a fly infestation, we will come to your home as soon as possible. After thoroughly analyzing your pest infestation, we will create an integrated pest management system for your issue. That means no unnecessary costs or hidden fees—we give you the price upfront.
We will then begin laying down treatments to eliminate and prevent future infestations.
Our team uses a variety of treatments and will choose the treatments that work best for your issue. All our pest control solutions are safe, effective, and eco-friendly.
Some treatments that we use for fly infestations include:
- Liquid Barrier Products: Liquid barrier products can be effective against fly infestations, especially in outdoor environments. A liquid barrier is created by applying a pesticide solution around the perimeter of a building or area where flies are a problem. The liquid forms a barrier that repels or kills flies when they come into contact with it.
- Borate Treatments: Borate treatments can be effective against flies, as well as other pests like ants, cockroaches, and termites. Borates are a type of insecticide that work by disrupting an insect's digestive system, leading to death. They are commonly used in the form of borax or boric acid and are considered a low-toxicity alternative to other types of pesticides. Borate treatments can be applied as a dust or spray and can be effective when used as part of an integrated pest management approach.
- Foam Treatments: Foam treatments work well against fly infestations, especially in hard-to-reach areas such as cracks and crevices. Foam treatments are insecticides dispensed as foam and expand to fill cracks and voids, providing a long-lasting residual effect. Foam treatments can effectively kill flies hiding in hard-to-reach areas and can be used with other control methods, such as sanitation, traps, and exclusion. They work by contact or ingestion and can provide quick knockdown of flies and residual control.
- Liquid Non-Repellants: Non-repellent insecticides are formulated so that they are not detectable by insects, which makes them less likely to avoid the treated area. This can increase the efficacy of the treatment and result in better control of the infestation.
We will lay down treatments quickly and efficiently so that you can resume life as usual once we pack up our blue trucks and head home. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to our team. We are happy to help.
Contact Us Today
Our team at Pest and Termite Consultants is proud to offer top-quality fly control services to Raleigh and the surrounding area. Our hard work has made us the largest inspector of new homes in the Triangle, earned us an A+ from the Better Business Bureau, and has kept us in business for over 25 years.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are fly infestations dangerous?
Fly infestations can pose a health risk. Flies are known to carry and spread diseases, such as salmonella, E. coli, and Shigella, which can cause food poisoning. They can also transmit parasites and viruses that can cause infections in humans and animals.
In addition to the health risks posed by flies, they also cause structural damage to buildings by laying their eggs on organic material that can attract other pests, such as ants and cockroaches.
What are the most common types of flies in Raleigh?
In Raleigh, house flies and fruit flies are the most common. House flies are grey-black and have four dark stripes down their backs. They typically measure between 4–7 mm in length, have dull yellow eyes, and have a characteristic fan-shaped pattern on their heads. House flies feed on garbage, excrement, spilled food, and other organic matter. Fruit flies are slightly smaller than house flies, measuring only 2–4 mm in length. They are tan to dark brown with bright red eyes and have a yellowish-brown stripe down their backs.
How do I prevent a fly infestation?
The best way to prevent a fly infestation is by taking proactive steps to make your home and property inhospitable to flies. The most crucial step is keeping food, garbage, and other organic material sealed tightly and covered, as flies are attracted to these substances. Additionally, it is essential to clean up any spilled food or drink quickly and to regularly clean areas where food is prepared. If possible, screen doors and windows are also great at keeping flies out. Exterior trash cans should have tight-fitting lids and should be emptied regularly. It is also essential to fix any leaks in drains or pipes that might attract flies and any other areas around the property with standing water.
Do flies bite?
Yes, some species of flies can bite, especially horse flies and deer flies; however, you are far more likely to have an infestation of house flies and fruit flies, which do not bite. The species that do bite feed on blood, which they need for reproduction. Bites from these flies can be painful and can cause swelling, itching, and redness.
What does a fly infestation smell like?
A fly infestation can produce a strong, unpleasant odor similar to the smell of rotting garbage or decaying organic matter. This is because flies are attracted to and feed on decaying organic material, such as garbage, spoiled food, and animal waste. The odor is produced by bacteria and fungi breaking down the organic material. It can become particularly noticeable if the flies are breeding and laying eggs in the infested material.
“I have used Pest & Termite Consultants for years and they have never failed to deliver professional and quality service.” - Douglas Howard