Effective Pest Control Solutions for Properties of All Sizes
Traveling can be stressful. After a long journey, your guests want to relax in the serenity of a clean and sanitary room. Unfortunately, that serenity is often disturbed by the realization that they share a room with pests.
Pests are a common problem in the hospitality industry for guests and hotel management. The presence of pests can make guests question their safety, how clean their lodgings are, and whether or not staying at your hotel was a bad idea. This could mean a severe blow to your reputation, having to issue costly refunds for rooms, and potentially having to spend money on repair costs. That’s why our team at Pest and Termite Consultants works hard to offer hotel and motel pest control services in Raleigh, NC that you can rely on.
Our team has 25+ years of experience in offering quality pest control solutions that are reliable, affordable, and effective. Call on us to develop a pest control treatment plan customized to your hotel or motel’s needs.
Give our team a call at (919) 246-8831 today to set up an appointment!
The Treatments We Use
Our team employs a variety of eco-friendly, safe, and affordable pest control treatments. Depending on the specifics of your pest problem, we may use one or several methods. You can rest assured that we have the tools, products, and experience needed to eliminate your pest infestation.
We offer the following types of treatments for hotels and motels:
- Spray Treatments: Spray treatments are a popular method for eliminating or repelling insects and other pests. Spray treatments usually involve spraying a liquid solution or aerosol over the affected area. These compounds kill or repel pests upon contact with a treated surface.
- Foam Treatments: The foam pest control method uses insecticides mixed with air and sprayed in a foam consistency onto affected areas. As it expands and dries, it forms a protective barrier around the infestation site. This barrier helps keep out new pests while trapping existing ones and killing them immediately upon contact. The foam also has residual effects, which means that if new pests invade the area, they will still be repelled or killed off by the remaining insecticides in the foam.
- Bait Stations: Bait stations are another form of pest control and involve placing small, specialized containers in the affected area. Inside these containers is a bait—usually a food source attractive to the targeted pest. The pest is then drawn to the station by the presence of food and ingests the bait. The active ingredients in the bait work to kill or repel the pest soon after ingestion.
- Borate Treatments: Borate treatments use borates, compounds containing boron and other elements, to eliminate pest infestations. Borates disrupt a pest’s digestive system, preventing it from absorbing nutrients. They can target specific pests or pest species and are generally considered safe for the environment.
- Liquid Barrier Products: Liquid barrier products involve the application of a liquid pesticide to the exterior perimeter of a building, creating a barrier that will kill or repel targeted pests. The liquid is typically applied to the soil, foundation, or other surfaces around the building, forming a barrier that pests cannot safely cross. Liquid barrier products can control various pests, including ants, cockroaches, termites, and rodents. This treatment can also prevent termites from attacking the building by creating a barrier in the soil around the building’s foundation.
The treatments we use are safe and environmentally friendly. We can also apply them discreetly so that your guests can enjoy their stay without worrying about a potential infestation.
Investing in hotel and motel pest control is essential to ensure your guests are safe and comfortable while they stay with you. Pests such as cockroaches, mice, rats, and bed bugs can cause health issues, damage property, and even damage your business’s reputation. Professional pest control services can help protect against these pests by identifying and eliminating problem areas in your hotel or motel.
Investing in pest control for your hotel or motel can help you:
- Protect Your Reputation: Pest infestations can damage your hotel’s reputation, as guests will not want to return to a property with a pest problem. We can help protect your reputation by preventing and eliminating any pest infestations you are experiencing.
- Increase Guest Satisfaction: Pests can make guests uncomfortable, disgusted, and unhappy, ruining their stay. By investing in pest control services, you can increase guest satisfaction and ensure that they have a pleasant and comfortable stay.
- Protect Your Revenue: Pest infestations can result in lost revenue due to guest complaints, canceled reservations, and negative online reviews. Professional pest control services can help protect your business by preventing and eliminating pests.
- Meet Health and Safety Standards: Pest infestations can pose health risks to guests and staff and violate health and safety standards. Investing in pest control services can help ensure that your hotel meets these standards and keeps guests and staff safe.
- Save Time and Money: DIY pest control methods can be time-consuming and expensive, especially on a scale as large as a hotel. Professional pest control services can save you time and money by providing efficient and cost-effective solutions.
- Eco-friendly and Safe: Professional pest control companies use eco-friendly and safe products that are not harmful to humans or pets. This will also help you to keep your guests and staff safe.
- Prevent Re-Infestations: Professional pest control services eliminate not only existing infestations but also provide preventative measures to prevent re-infestation.
We have the expertise to identify and eliminate pests quickly and effectively. Our team will assess your problem and create a customized plan tailored to your hotel or motel’s needs.
What Are the Most Common Pests Found in Hotels and Motels?
You may be wondering what pests you can expect to run into when running a hotel. Though there are a variety of pests out there, a few are especially suited for hotels.
If you are a hotel owner, keep a lookout for the following:
- Cockroaches are attracted to damp or dirty areas where food is present.
- Mice and rats can make their way into hotel rooms via gaps in walls or floors.
- Ants are attracted to sweet foods left out by staff or guests.
- Silverfish lurk in dark areas, such as closets or bathrooms, and thrive on books, paper goods, cardboard boxes, and other items that contain starch.
- Bed bugs are small, blood-sucking creatures easily transported via luggage or clothing into a hotel room. In other words, bed bugs are a pest you, your guests, or staff can unknowingly introduce to a hotel.
Each of these pests is concerning; however, you should be especially vigilant about bed bugs, as they spread rapidly and can put many of your hotel rooms out of commission if they are not treated immediately.
What to Do If You Notice Bed Bugs in Your Hotel or Motel
If you find bed bugs in your hotel, the first thing to do is contact our team—we will create a treatment plan and have your issues dealt with immediately. You may require special treatment to eliminate a bed bug infestation. We have the expertise and tools to quickly and efficiently rid your premises of these pests.
It’s essential to inform guests who may have stayed in the infested room(s), so they can take precautions if they believe they may have been exposed.
Finally, thoroughly inspect other areas of your hotel or motel for signs of bed bug activity to ensure that all areas of infestation have been addressed.
Get in Touch with Our Team Today
We understand how urgent a pest infestation is. If you suspect your hotel or motel may be hosting an infestation, call on our team for quality hotel and motel pest control in Raleigh. Our hard work and exemplary service have earned us an A+ with the Better Business Bureau and a solid reputation for exceptional service across North Carolina.
If you are dealing with a pest infestation in your hotel or motel, call (919) 246-8831 or contact us online today.
“Bailey has been our tech for the entire time we’ve been with this company and we couldn’t be happier” - Katie DiPaolo