Moth Control in Raleigh, NC
Safe, Effective, & Eco-Friendly Pest Control
If you are struggling with a moth infestation, you are not alone! Moths are a common pest in our area; however, at Pest and Termite Consultants, we are committed to changing that.
Our team is committed to providing quality pest control services that will keep your space free from moths, once and for all. We understand how important it is to eliminate moths quickly and safely, which is why we use only proven methods that are safe for both people and pets.
With 25+ years in the industry and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, you can trust that we get the job done right. If you require moth control services in Raleigh, look no further than Pest and Termite Consultants.
We are here to end your moth problems. Give us a call at (919) 246-8831 to make an appointment today.
The Issues that Come with Moth Infestations
Some people do not understand the extent to which moths can become a problem. These little creatures are not to be trifled with, as they can create several issues for home and business owners alike.
Moths can create several issues, including:
- Damage to Clothing and Textiles: Moths feed on natural fibers in clothing, carpets, and other textiles, leaving holes and unsightly damage that can be costly to repair or replace.
- Contamination of Food Products: Some moths can infest food products, such as grains, cereals, and dried fruits, making them unsafe to eat and potentially posing a health risk.
- Unpleasant Odors: Moth infestations can produce an unpleasant, musty odor that can be difficult to eliminate and linger long after the pests are gone.
- Health Concerns: Some moths carry allergens that can cause allergic reactions in people with symptoms such as sneezing, itching, and watery eyes.
- Potential Reduction in Property Value: A persistent moth infestation can make a home or business look unkempt and unattractive, reducing its value and appeal.
- Economic impact: Moth infestations can result in wasted food products and costly repairs or replacements of damaged clothing and textiles.
Save yourself a headache (and some money)—give the guys in the blue trucks a call today. We will eliminate the problem quickly so that you can return to enjoying the serenity of your home in peace.
How You Can Help Prevent Moth Infestations
Preventing moth infestations is essential for keeping your home or business pest free. While hiring a team like ours is the only surefire way to combat an infestation, there are steps that you can take to prevent infestations in the future.
Here are some tips to help keep moths from infesting your home or business:
- Regularly vacuum and clean upholstered furniture, rugs, and carpets. Doing so helps remove any moth eggs or larvae.
- Use airtight containers to store items like clothes, linens, and food that could attract moths.
- Discard infested clothing and fabric in sealed plastic bags so the moths cannot spread.
- Keep the area around your home free of debris, such as twigs, leaves, and grass clippings, as moths are attracted to these areas.
- Inspect items brought into your home for signs of moths or larvae before introducing them to your living space.
- Maintain proper pest control methods regularly to prevent future infestations.
We can provide professional pest management services to keep moths and pests away from your home or business. With our help, you'll be moth-free in no time.
At Pest and Termite Consultants, we do not cut corners. We understand that no two infestations are alike. When you call our team, we will perform a comprehensive inspection of your home or business, taking care to examine all areas of your property (including those dark and hidden areas that pests love).
Once we have a good understanding of your issue, we will write up a comprehensive treatment plan that is unique to your problem.
After providing a quote, we will then get started with our work. We have access to a range of eco-friendly and safe treatments, traps, and sprays and will use whatever you need to rid your home of moths.
We offer one-time and recurring pest control packages. If you find pests are returning to your home after a period of low activity, we suggest quarterly visits, as this can help keep the moths out of your home or business.
We Are Here to Help
Our team at Pest and Termite Consultants is proud to offer reliable, safe, and efficient moth control services in Raleigh, NC. No matter the size of the issue, our team is prepared to rid your home of moths. We look forward to returning control of your home or business to you!
Do you need a moth infestation exterminated? Call the guys with the blue trucks at (919) 246-8831 or contact us online to set up an appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do moths bite?
No, moths do not bite. They do not have the mouthparts or anatomy necessary to bite.
What species of moth are the most common in Raleigh?
Raleigh is home to a wide variety of moths. The most common moths found in Raleigh include the Yellow-spotted Webworm Moth (Homadaula anisocentra), the Spiny Oakworm Moth (Anisota stigma), and the Eastern Tent Caterpillar Moth (Malacosoma americanum).
At what time of day are moths most active?
Moths are most active in the early morning and late evening hours. During this time, they often fly around lights and windows, searching for food sources. During the day, moths tend to be less active as they take shelter from the harsh sunlight in dark places like underneath rocks, logs, or even in garages and sheds.
Are moths related to butterflies?
Moths and butterflies are classified as members of the lepidopteran family, meaning they are closely related; however, there are some differences between them. Moths are typically nocturnal, which means they're active at night, while butterflies are generally diurnal (active during the day). Moths usually have duller colors and more mottled patterns on their wings. Additionally, moths have a wider variety of shapes and sizes than butterflies.
At what time of year are moths most active?
Moths are most active during warmer months, such as spring and summer when temperatures are favorable for their survival and reproduction. Because of our warm climate, we can often see moth activity in the early autumn months as well.
“Bailey has been our tech for the entire time we’ve been with this company and we couldn’t be happier” - Katie DiPaolo