Keeping Your Tenants’ Homes Free of Pests
As a property manager, it is essential to maintain a safe and healthy environment for tenants and guests. Pests such as rodents, cockroaches, and bed bugs can damage property and pose serious health risks to those who come into contact with them. Our experienced technicians are here to help keep your properties pest-free through our comprehensive and customized pest control solutions. From regular inspections to emergency services, we have the knowledge and expertise to address any pest issue, big or small, effectively. Let our team at Pest and Termite Consultants provide your Raleigh properties with reliable and efficient property management pest control services.
Want to make an appointment? Call us today at (919) 246-8831.
Identifying a Pest Problem
Our team will perform a thorough inspection of your property upon arrival. We will locate and diagnose your issue, then put together a plan of action tailored to your unique property and pest problem. We realize that there are no one-size-fits-all solutions to doing good work, so we take time to personalize every service we provide.
We inspect properties using many methods, including:
- Visual inspections: A technician will conduct a thorough visual inspection of the property, including all rooms, attics, crawl spaces, basements, and exterior areas. This will include looking for any signs of pests, such as droppings, nests, or damage.
- Cutting-edge technology: Our technicians often use flashlights, moisture meters, and thermal imaging cameras to help identify potential pest issues in hard-to-reach areas.
- Baiting and trapping: Our technicians may also set up bait stations or traps to capture pests and monitor their activity.
- Sampling: We may collect pests or their droppings samples for identification and analysis.
We also offer NC WDI-100 Inspections/Reports, which are more specific reports about wood-destroying insects and whether or not they have damaged your property.
NC WDI-100 Inspections & Reports
An NC WDI-100 Inspection is a comprehensive inspection of a residential property for detections of wood-destroying insects (WDI) and conditions conducive to WDI infestations.
NC WDI-100 Inspections are vital for property managers. This type of inspection can help identify any pest infestations early on, allowing for quick action to be taken to minimize the potential damage. As wood-destroying insects can cause costly structural damage, property managers must know that their properties are adequately protected against such pests.
NC WDI-100 Inspections provide a detailed report outlining a property’s condition, which allows property managers to be aware of any potential issues. This way, you can remedy the issues before they become a bigger problem.
The process involves inspecting both the interior and exterior of the building, taking into account both visible and non-visible indicators such as:
- Visual inspection of accessible areas, including foundations, walls, and floors
- Detection of things like hollow-sounding wood in eaves and attics
- Looking for evidence of moisture or condensation that can act as harborage sites for pests
- Checking stored items, clothing, and furniture for signs of insect activity or damage
- Checking behind appliances, fixtures, cabinets, etc. for holes or signs of nesting
- Setting up monitoring traps where necessary to identify potential pest activity
- Adhering to all local laws when performing inspections
Stay on top of your property by letting us perform an NC WDI-100 Inspection. Contact Pest and Termite Consultants today to learn more about our property management pest control services in Raleigh, NC.
At this point, our team is never surprised at what pests we locate during a property inspection. We find all sorts of different pests in places you would not expect! That said, we see some pests more than others when inspecting properties.
Some of the more common pests that we run into include:
- Ants: These pests can be found both inside and outside of properties and are attracted to food sources. They can cause damage to structures and contaminate food.
- Bed bugs: These pests are typically found in bedrooms and are known for their reddish-brown color and flattened bodies. They feed on blood, which can cause itchy bites and be challenging to eliminate.
- Cockroaches: These pests are attracted to warm and moist environments and can be found in kitchens and bathrooms. They can cause allergic reactions and spread diseases.
- Rats and mice: These pests are attracted to food sources and can cause damage to structures by gnawing on wires and walls. They can also spread diseases.
- Spiders: Different species of spiders can be found in properties, some of which can be poisonous. They can be a nuisance, but most of the time, they are not harmful.
- Termites: These pests are known for causing damage to wood structures and can be challenging to detect until significant damage has been done.
Preventing Rodent & Insect Infestations
You may wonder what to do to prevent pest infestations on your properties. Pests are stubborn and determined, so no solution will 100% protect you from an infestation; however, there are some steps you can take to decrease the likelihood of an invasion.
One practical approach is to conduct regular inspections to identify potential pest issues early and take action to prevent an infestation from becoming established. Sanitation is also crucial, and you should maintain a clean and organized property, regularly cleaning up food debris, properly storing food, and keeping garbage containers sealed.
Exclusion is also essential. You can take steps to seal off entry points for pests, such as cracks or gaps in walls, floors, or foundations. Pest-proofing measures—like removing standing water, eliminating harborage sites, and keeping outdoor areas well-maintained—can also help to prevent infestations.
Proper storage of materials, equipment, and products is essential. They should be kept in sealed containers where pests cannot access them.
Also, be sure to communicate with tenants about the importance of pest control and provide them with information on how to prevent and report pest issues.
Finally, property managers can hire our team to provide regular inspections and treatment to prevent and control pest infestations.
When to Schedule an Inspection
The best time to have your properties inspected for pests depends on the type of pests you are trying to prevent and detect. In general, we recommend that you have regular inspections throughout the year to ensure that we can identify and address the problem before it grows. That said, there are certain seasons or times of the year when certain pests are more active and may be more likely to infest a property.
- For example:
Cockroaches, ants, and other indoor pests are active year-round, so regular inspections should be conducted throughout the year.
- Bed bugs are active year-round, but they are more likely to be found in the warm months of summer.
- Termites are most active during the spring and fall seasons.
- Rodents, such as rats and mice, are more active in the fall and winter when seeking shelter from cold temperatures.
It’s important to note that the type of pests that infest a property can vary depending on the location and the specific property and climate.
Contact Us for Pest-Free Properties
We understand how important it is to keep pests out of the properties you manage, which is why we have worked hard for over 25 years to become a respected name in property management pest control in Raleigh and the surrounding areas. Serving apartments, townhomes, condominiums, and more, our team at Pest and Termite Consultants is ready to give you back control of your properties. Reach out today for a free quote.
“I have used Pest & Termite Consultants for years and they have never failed to deliver professional and quality service.” - Douglas Howard