Keeping You Medical Facility Sanitary & Free of Pests
At Pest and Termite Consultants, we provide effective and safe pest control solutions for Raleigh’s medical and healthcare facilities. We understand the importance of maintaining a clean, hygienic, and pest-free environment for patients and staff. Our team of experienced professionals can help address any pest issue you may face, from bed bugs to rodents, and provide prevention and control measures tailored to meet your unique needs. With our expertise, you can rest assured knowing you’re getting the best healthcare pest control solutions available. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help keep your facility free of pests!
If you own or manage a medical or healthcare facility, call our team at (919) 246-8831 for pest control services you can count on.
Our Treatments & Services
Because North Carolina is home to a wide range of invasive pests, we ensure that we are always prepared for any situation. We accomplish this by employing a team of highly trained pest control technicians who are ready to deal with any infestation and by using only the most effective and eco-friendly treatments available.
The pest control treatments that we offer include but are not limited to the following:
- Foam Treatments: Foam treatments are a type of pest control method in which pest-control agents are applied as a foam. The foam is propelled into cracks and crevices to fill voids and hard-to-reach spaces, allowing for maximum coverage of the targeted areas. The active ingredients in the foam adhere to surfaces and coat them to form an invisible barrier against pests. Foam treatments are most commonly used to control bed bugs. Still, they can also treat other pests such as ants, spiders, cockroaches, and other household insects.
- Liquid Barrier Products: Liquid barrier products are a form of pest control that creates a perimeter around your property where pests cannot enter. These products are made with active ingredients that act as repellents for specific bugs, such as ants and cockroaches. They can be applied around doorways, windowsills, and other entry points to create an impenetrable barrier between your facility and the outdoors. Additionally, liquid barrier products can be used inside your facility to target specific areas where pests may hide or breed, helping you maintain a pest-free environment. Liquid barrier products provide long-lasting protection against infestations and can be easily applied for maximum coverage.
- Bait Stations: Bait stations are devices used to control pest populations by providing a protected location for them to consume poison bait. They are typically made of durable materials, such as plastic or metal, and have a mechanism to keep the bait inside secure from non-target animals while allowing rodents access. Some bait stations have a locking mechanism that can only be opened with a key to prevent children and pets from accessing the bait. Bait stations are usually placed in areas where pests are known to travel, such as along walls or near food sources.
- Spray Treatments: Spray treatments refer to the use of a liquid pesticide in the form of a spray to control pests, such as insects or spiders. The spray is typically applied using a hand-held sprayer or a power sprayer that creates a fine mist of the pesticide solution. The spray treatment is applied to areas where pests are active, such as door and window frames, baseboards, and other regions. The treatment kills pests on contact or when they ingest the spray solution. The spray may also create a barrier that will repel or kill pests that come in contact with it.
- Borate Treatments: Borate treatments use boron-based compounds, such as borax or boric acid, as a pest control method. These compounds are applied as a dust, liquid, or foam to structures to prevent or control pests, such as termites, carpenter ants, and wood-boring beetles. Borates penetrate the surface and integrate into the wood fibers when applied to wood. This creates a barrier that pests cannot penetrate or survive in. The borates also disrupt the metabolism of pests, making them unable to reproduce or survive.
Each of our treatments is eco-friendly and thorough. Depending on the problem that you are facing, we may use one or more treatments; either way, we will locate your infestation and have it dealt with quickly and thoroughly.
Our team offers NC WDI-100 inspections as well. If you are not already aware, an NC WDI-100 Inspection is a type of inspection performed in North Carolina that assesses the presence or evidence of wood-destroying insects in a property. The assessment is performed by one of our licensed inspectors trained to identify the signs of infestation and damage caused by termites, carpenter ants, powderpost beetles, and other common wood-destroying insects. The NC WDI-100 inspection gives you a comprehensive look at your facility, allowing us to locate any past or present pest infestations and damage caused by wood-destroying insects.
Based on the inspection’s findings, we will provide a report that includes a summary of the results, including any evidence of infestation or damage and recommendations for further action.
The report will be marked as either:
- Clear: no evidence of infestation or damage;
- Active infestation: proof of a current infestation; or
- Previous infestation: evidence of an earlier infestation that has been treated.
We only send the most experienced pest control technicians on our team to perform these examinations. We recommend having your facility regularly inspected so that you can stay on top of any potential infestations and locate structural damage before it becomes a bigger problem than it already is.
How to Identify a Pest Infestation
When you work in a medical facility, you likely do not have time to perform thorough inspections for pests when you are on the clock. After all, your work is hugely important to our community, and we do not want you to slow down to perform comprehensive inspections.
Instead, here is a list of common signs of an infestation that make themselves known that you should look out for in your day-to-day operations:
- Sightings of live insects, rodents, or other pests
- Unusual droppings or nests in areas such as cupboards, drawers, and ducts
- Gnaw marks on electrical cords or stored items
- Foul odors, especially in dark places or under furniture
- Damaged food containers and spilled food
- Unexplained holes in walls or floorboards
- An increase in allergic reactions among staff and patients
If you have not noticed any of the signs listed above but still think your facility may have an infestation, give us a call. We will perform a thorough inspection to ensure you are clear.
Get in Touch with Us Today
We understand the importance of maintaining a clean and safe environment for patients, staff, and visitors. We are committed to providing effective and efficient solutions to any pest issues you may have. For healthcare pest control services in Raleigh that you can count on, trust our team at Pest and Termite Consultants to get the job done quickly, efficiently, affordably, and effectively.
Let us keep the pests out of your healthcare facility! Call us at (919) 246-8831 or contact us online to get started.
“We really appreciate him fitting us in so quickly and being willing to take care of it despite it being up in the tree.” - Glen and Mandy Steinhardt