Durham, North Carolina is a city known for its scientific and scholarly pursuits, specifically encompassing Duke University, the Museum of Life + Science, the Nasher Museum of Art, and more. This makes it a comfortable place to live for many people - unfortunately, the homes and businesses around Durham also look very welcoming to a large variety of pests such as mosquitoes, rodents, roaches, termites, and more.
Lucky for Durham residents, Pest & Termite Consultants are here to keep you pest-free with unmatched pest management services that are customized to fit your unique situation. If you want to find out more about our famous service and success rates, contact Pest & Termite Consultants today and discover the peace of mind that comes from a pest-free home or business.
Do you have pests in your home? Give the guys in the blue trucks a call at (919) 246-8831 to set up an appointment.
Home Pest Control In Durham, NC
The climate and temperatures Durham experiences makes it the perfect breeding ground for numerous pests all year-round. Once pests have discovered that your environment provides them with easy access to food, water, and shelter, it is only a matter of time before they make their way inside of your home to discover what it has to offer them. Unfortunately, there are a number of common signs that pests are adept at picking up on that can lead them to your property. Standing water sources, water-damaged wood, unkempt gardens, overgrown landscaping, and piles of organic debris on your property are all things that can attract pests.
Pests cause damage, introduce disease, and contaminate food within your home. Don’t let them: protect your home from the various pests that call Durham home with help from Pest & Termite Consultants. Not only will we remove any existing pests from your home, we'll also work with you to develop an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) system to avoid future infestations. Contact us today for more details.
Commercial Pest Control In Durham, NC
Pests are a burden no business can afford - at least, not for long. Between the inventory they destroy, the customers and employees they put at risk, and the irreparable damage they do to your reputation, pests are an issue no business owner should ignore. Luckily, you don’t have to. Protect your business or commercial property with help from the pest management professionals at Pest & Termite Consultants. Our team of commercial pest control professionals provides business owners with:
- Complete elimination of existing pest problems.
- Application of appropriate chemicals in appropriate amounts to eliminate whatever pest you’re facing.
- Implementation of measures to prevent future pest activity.
- Customized service to accommodate your business or industry.
When you partner with Pest & Termite Consultants, you’re one step closer to permanent pest protection for your business. Contact us today and find out more about our comprehensive commercial pest control solutions.
Common Ants Found In Durham, NC
Ants are common household pests that often find their way into homes while out and about foraging for food, or when the weather becomes too harsh outside. Beyond being a nuisance, they can contaminate food, damage your property, and eat at the wood inside your home. Here are some key ants to be on the lookout for:
- As their name suggests, pavement ants are most often found nesting in the cracks of pavement or cement. Pavement ants are a common species of nuisance, house-invading ant. Adults are brown to black in color, and their head and thorax are covered in grooved parallel lines.
- Argentine ants are small ants that are shiny and dark brown to black in color. They tend to live together in enormous colonies. Argentine ants are attracted to areas of high moisture, and their presence inside homes can indicate that there is an underlying moisture issue present.
- Acrobat ants are a small species of ant, and are black to yellowish brown in color, though some can be multi-colored. Acrobat ants have a heart-shaped abdomen over their heads when disturbed, and can also be identified by the foul-smelling odor they emit when bothered.
- The worst of the worst, carpenter ants are more than a nuisance; they cause significant structural damage inside of homes by tunneling through and creating nesting galleries inside of structural wood.
Don’t leave your Durham home at risk for these pests: contact the professionals at Pest & Termite Consultants for comprehensive ant control treatment.
Identifying A Bed Bug Infestation In Durham, NC
One of the worst parts about a bed bug infestation is that it can go unidentified for a long period of time. Because they’re active at night, bed bugs can go unseen for days even in the midst of a heavy infestation. The longer the infestation goes unidentified, the longer it goes untreated, and the more difficult it will be to eventually eliminate. The best way to limit your and your family’s exposure to bed bugs is to learn how to spot an infestation. Recognizing an infestation in its infancy allows for treatment to begin sooner than later and the infestation to be eliminated as quickly as possible.
Some of the most common signs of a bed bug infestation include:
- Finding spots of blood or black streaks of excrement on mattresses, box springs, or the wall.
- Discovering piles of shed bed bug skins underneath of mattresses, box springs, or the floor.
- Discovering a sweet, musty odor developing in your home.
- Finding bed bugs in the cracks and crevices of mattresses, box springs, walls, or furniture.
If you’ve started finding evidence of bed bugs around your Durham home, don’t wait: contact us today for professional bed bug treatment and save yourself a lot of headaches.
“I must say our exterminator Darnell Walker has been absolutely amazing!” - Nakia Mason